Podcasting for Movable Type just got betterPosted: March 25, 2008
Podcasting support for Movable Type just got better. In this most recent release of the [Podcasting plugin for Movable Type](http://www.majordojo.com/projects/podcasting.php), iTunes support has been rounded making it easier than ever before to get your podcast listed and listed properly within the iTunes Music Store. This latest release adds the following features:
* a [complete RSS feed](http://code.sixapart.com/svn/mtplugins/trunk/Podcasting/plugins/Podcast/example_templates/rss.mtml) that includes all of the proper iTunes meta data.
* an enhanced submission form that collects addition information about your podcast including its duration, whether it contains explicit material, a subtitle, summary, keywords and more.
* additional plugin options to capture important information about your blog so that its listing within iTunes can be finely tuned.
* support for basic authentication to access podcasts located behind a username and password.
* enhanced error messaging when linking to feeds.
This release is a necessary and important step to help make Movable Type the premiere self-hosted podcasting platform on the planet. I am excited by this release and am growing even more excited about the next one, which may include any number of the following features:
* download statistics for your podcasts
* iTunes notification pings
* auto-podcast submission to iTunes
But this plugin has been more the result of the [feedback](http://wiki.movabletype.org/Podcasting) I have heard from folks like [Bud Gibson](http://michiganinnovators.org/home/), [Todd Cochrane](http://www.geeknewscentral.com/) and others. So I anxiously await hearing from the Movable Type user community what *they* would like to see in the next version.