@WordCampPosted: August 16, 2008
Today I am happy to be at [WordCamp](http://2008.wordcamp.org), a conference for WordPress users and devotees. Some may find it curious that I am here, being such an ardent [Movable Type](http://www.movabletype.org/) user, but truth be told this is not about platform bias, this is about *bloggers*, and what better place to find a collection of 400+ bloggers at 8am on a Saturday?
No doubt, people are looking over my shoulder looking at the Movable Type logo wondering the same thing. “What is he doing here?!” I hope they ask.
There is so much to learn from the WordPress community and from how it organizes itself. As the Movable Type community enters another phase of growth and expansion, especially following the release of [Movable Type Pro](http://www.movabletype.com/download/), it is important to look to those who have been successful at growing a tight knit, even fanatical following of users.
OMG Matt is on stage. I am *dying*. *sigh* Gotta run!
## My WordCamp Schedule
* Search and Findability – Aaron Brazell
* DiSo, OAuth and more – Will Norris
* Even Faster Web Sites – Steve Souders
* Andy Skelton
* Secure Coding with WordPress – Mark Jaquith
* WordPress and Microformats – Tantek Celik
* Switching to WordPress Painlessly – Lloyd Budd
* 450 WordPress Power User Tips – Lorelle VanFossen
* Hassle-free Upgrades
* State of the Word – Matt Mullenweg
And then I have to run. Dada-duty calls so that [Mama](http://www.hairyalien.com/) can have a break.