Round-up for November 7, 2008Posted: November 7, 2008
This week has been replete with amazing tidbits, events and milestones:
* From the stating-the-obvious department: Obama was elected president. Hallelujah.
* Obama was elected with the largest mandate since FDR. Source: [Slate Culture Gabfest, Wow Edition](http://www.slate.com/id/2201833/).
* Arin [blogged about Family Guy](http://www.hairyalien.com/culture/its_no_better_to_be_safe_than.html). Victory is mine.
* I heard a new sound that blew my mind: [Quantum Cello](http://blogs.wnyc.org/radiolab/2008/08/25/quantum-cello/). Thanks to John Brown for the great podcast recommendation. I am now addicted to Radio Lab.
* [Arin](http://www.hairyalien.com/) is participating in [NaBloPoMo](http://www.nablopomo.com/) – which means I get 30 opportunities to read something new she has written this month – a real treat, although she will probably roll her eyes and disagree.
* [Arin and I are in Los Angeles](http://www.hairyalien.com/the_good_life/weekend_at_gas.html)… alone for two days — the longest we have ever been away together *without* Harper. I see sleep in our future.